IND vs NZ: Shreyas Iyer, who got his first fight against legendary batter Sunil Gavaskar according to records, was the 16th Indian fighter to come into his fight for the first time in 100 years.
The national football game was a success, not to mention 100 years of debut. India striker Shreyas Iyer, who made his experimental debut in the regular Kanpur Test against New Zealand, recorded his first-year test in the game’s longest form on his team debut on Friday.
After a steady start, Iyer continued with a good cut, helping India recover from a tough incident against the Kiwi on day one.
Iyer hit 105 of 171 balls in India’s first inning, hitting 13 limits and 2 6s. His performance helped India collect a total of 345 in one game at Green Park Stadium.
Receiving his first try from professional badminton player Sunil Gavaskar, according to records, Iyer is the 16th Indian athlete to make his debut in 100 years.
List of Indian players who scored centuries off their pre-test score:
Batsman Score Opposition
1. Lala Amarnath 118 England (1933)
2. Deepak Shodan 110 Pakistan (1952)
3. AG Kripal Singh 100* New Zealand (1955)
4. Abbas Ali Baig 112 England (1959)
5. Hanumant Singh 105 England (1964)
6. Gundappa Viswanath 137 Australia (1969)
7. Surinder Amarnath 124 New Zealand (1976)
8. Mohammad Azharuddin 110 England (1984)
9. Pravin Amre 103 South Africa (1992)
10. Sourav Ganguly 131 England (1996)
11. Virender Sehwag 105 South Africa (2001)
12. Suresh Raina 120 Sri Lanka (2010)
13. Shikhar Dhawan 187 Australia (2013)
14. Rohit Sharma 127 West Indies (2013)
15. Prithvi Shaw 134 West Indies (2018)
16. Shreyas Iyer 105 New Zealand (2021)
After winning the round of 16, Indian reserve player Ajinkya Rahane took the lead against the Blackcaps led by Kane Williamson.
In the 2nd century and in the middle of the century between Shubman Gill and Ravindra Jadeja, India had 345 points in the first round.
On the pitch, New Zealand won 72/0 on matchday two.