On Thursday, the United Nations Department of Health called for strict monitoring of passengers and their contacts from South Africa, Botswana and Hong Kong.
A new coronavirus, B.1.1.529, has been reported by scientists around the world to astonishment at major mutations, which could lead to further increases in vaccine resistance, increase the spread and worsen symptoms.
1. The B.1.1.529 variant had more than 30 mutations in the single virus, for a total of 50 mutations. The vaccine is targeted for the final COVID-19 vaccine and is used by the virus to enter cells in our body. Scientists are still trying to determine if this is more contagious or more deadly than in the past.
2. In addition, there were 10 changes in the receptor binding domain fraction of the difference compared to 2 for the Delta variant. This last Delta Plus mutation is characterized by K417N mutations in proteins. This applies to leak prevention, but it is not clear whether this is a change in B.1.1.529. There is speculation about the history of the change, but it can gradually change in a patient. François Balloux, director of the UCL Institute of Genetics in London, suggested that it could be caused by long-term transmission of a virus to an immune system that could be infected with HIV. AIDS does not cure.
3. The virus, first seen in South Africa this week, has spread to neighboring countries, including Botswana, where all people have been infected. More than 100 patients have been infected with the virus in South Africa, with a few more in Botswana.
4. Both cases were detected in Hong Kong. Travelers from southern Hong Kong were isolated in a separate room. Their model returns “very high” infectious disease, infectious disease physician Dr Eric Feigl-Ding tweeted this morning. “PCR Ct values between 18 and 19 are extremely high because recent PCR tests are negative,” he said.
5. Since patients live in isolated groups, there are concerns that the virus may be airborne.” With this change it looks like an antivirus breakout can become a reality … yes, it is very weather resistant. Guests staying at the hotel stay in another room across the street. Dr Feigl-Ding tweeted: “Environmental samples found the virus in 25 of 87 double swabs.
6. India on Thursday called for strict monitoring of passengers from those countries. “This change has a major impact on public health, given the recent easing of visa restrictions and the opening of travel,” the foreign ministry said.
7. Indian stocks fell on Friday as the S&P BSE Sensex index fell more than 1,400 points and the Nifty 50 fell more than 17,100 on the weak world after speculation weakened by the Variant B findings. 1.1.529.
8. The UK has delayed flights from South Africa, Botswana and four African countries. Australia said it could still restrict access. The World Health Organization (WHO) has called for caution at an early stage in treating the disease. More research is needed to understand the behavior of B.1.1.529, the World Health Organization said. Dr Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO technical director for COVID-19, spoke about the importance of completing the vaccine.